The Ionic team announces Ionic Windows.
With their new Ionic Windows solution, you can deploy truly cross-platform apps across mobile, web, and desktop — with one codebase and full native access on each platform.
Ionic Windows features:
- A native Windows platform with integration into modern Windows APIs and features like those available on Microsoft Surface devices.
- Integration into the core Ionic developer experience with easy-to-use command line tooling and developer-friendly documentation.
- A single API across iOS, Android, Web, and now Windows for maximum code reuse and platform compatibility.
- Performance and developer experience improvements over legacy desktop approaches, such as Electron.
- Support for any web app stack, such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- The ability to extend the app with custom platform-specific functionality with a powerful and easy-to-use plugin system.
- Coming soon: Native plugin support for Ionic Enterprise native solutions covering single sign-on, biometric authentication, data storage, and more.
- Seamless integration with Ionic V6’s desktop form factors (now in beta).
Additionally, Ionic Windows comes with Ionic’s customer-loved Support and Advisory services, and is fully maintained and supported by the team of mobile and desktop app experts at Ionic.